Did you know that an average individual generates an average of 1.81kg of waste every day. In this article, I will be showing you easy guide to living waste free even subconsciously. There’s a lot that we can do to reduce waste and it can feel overwhelming. It’s best to try to do one thing and once that becomes a habit, try another thing. Each step is a step towards a better, more sustainable way to live.
Go waste free from the comfort of your couch
- Turn off the lights bulb unplug electronic appliances when not in use, in order to save energy and cost of power.
- Do business transactions, shop, and pay bills to reduce the use of paper.
- Like and Share interesting information about the environment, on ways we can live waste free.
Go waste free from your work table
- Print less, use more e-copies.
- Write on both sides of a paper.
- Dump your used paper in a different bin from your general wastes.
- We know it might be difficult walking to the dispenser every time, so have a reusable bottle of water closeby.
Share your zero waste knowledge with others
- Tell a friend about sustainable living.
- Read posts on sustainable living.
- Share posts and references with your friends.
- Tell the world about your new discovery.
When embarking on a zero waste journey, is important to take it one step at a time. Start by cutting out the big four plastics: plastic water bottles, shopping bags, disposable cups, and plastic straws, then you can proceed to swapping a plastic toothbrush for a bamboo toothbrush or using sustainable bamboo cotton buds. Check out sustainable/ecofriendly household product at ecobarter.com.ng/shop. To learn more click ecobarter.com.ng
Drafted by Theodora Ekah